Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hello Winter,





Hey Egg-fans,

Time sure does fly by. It feels like I was writing the bog for July just a couple of days ago but now winter is peeking around the corner. So much good stuff is cooking up in the Egg pan I don’t know where to begin. I should start with a lot of thank yous to everyone who has come out to see Egg this summer. We’ve had so much fun. A lot of you more than once. Our honorary #1 Egghead fan is Jonathan, age 6 (I think) who has been to more Egg gigs than I think we’ve actually played.




The BIG BIG BIG news friends, is that our song “I Like Fruit.” remixed and performed by Secret Agent 23 Skidoo and featuring members of Egg is the number one song on Kids Place Live (Formerly XM Kids) right now !!!!! So if you have XM or Sirus radio check it out. Also Egg recently wrote and performed the theme song for one of the shows on that station called, Absolutely Mindy, you can call or email them and request any of the above or any other Egg song your in the mood for.


It was a summer to remember, all the kids, grown ups and smiles, really make this the best gig in the world! In creating Egg I have learned so much, one of the lessons I hold dearest is about putting others before yourself. Even in the wacky world of music making. I’ve never felt this much satisfaction in writing or performing music until I started doing it for my kids, then eventually for LOTS of kids. I have learned how to hang up my ego and see the world through someone else’s eyes and how my actions will be the actions of my children someday, so I’d better be a good example. It is ok to make mistakes, that is how we learn. I could go on and on and on.


Coming up on October 3rd and 4th we will be playing the annual Pumpkinfest at Kidspace Children's Museum in Pasadena. Last years gig was unbelievable,I think we broke the world record for the most kids dancing on stage at one time. So much fun. Please visit our website to find other Egg gigs, we have a lot coming up.


As winter nears Egg will be hunkering into the studio to start working on the follow up to Sunny Side Up. We are shooting for a spring time release, to be followed shortly thereafter by another summer of Egg-a-licious shows. I can’t wait.


In closing I would like say a big thank you again to everyone who has helped so much and worked so hard to keep the Egg rolling.


Rock And Roll !!!!!

Jeff





No comments:

Post a Comment